NEXT RACE: SATURDAY JUNE 3RD, 2017 WESTMINSTER, COLORADO REGISTER NOW!
Adults and kids are different. So why would any event use part of an adult course for kids?
We don’t! We have a completely separate youth course to maximize safety (age, height, length and difficulty level are all considered). The youth course includes different versions, depending upon age. The youngest kids (4-6 year olds) will go first and must run with an adult. Their course is 2.70 km in length and includes 9 fun obstacles. The 4-6 year old waves are limited to 30 kids per wave. The 7-9 years olds (running without an adult) use the same course and will work with each other (and our fabulous volunteers) to manage the obstacles. They also have increased wave sizes – so bring friends! The 10-13 year olds will run a bit further with a total course length of 2.75 km and an extra challenging and muddy obstacle making use of the natural river!
Like the adult course, the youth course is designed to help build a sense of camaraderie and community. The obstacles are creative and fun and use the natural topography to test physical, mental and emotional fitness. After last year’s success, we fully expect all kids to be appropriately challenged and to have an awesome and rewarding experience — but this year they will also have lots more mud!!!
Race Day registration is available for any waves that are not sold out, click on “Sign Up” to Register.
KIDS COURSE AND WAVES ARE SEPARATE FROM THE ADULT COURSE AND WAVES.
10:00 am – Ages 4-6 (run with parent)
10:30 am – Ages 7-9
11:00 am – Ages 10-13
More Times will be added if previous waves are full.
$28 – Until January 1st, 2016
$32 – January 1st – Feb 28th, 2016
$34 – March 1st – April 1st, 2016
$35 – April 1st – May 10th, 2016
$37 – May 10th – June 4th, 2016
Packet pickup will be available race day and two days before the event. Packet pickup will be held in the lobby of The Westin Westminster Hotel (10600 Westminster Blvd, Westminster, CO 80020).
*ID’s are required to pickup your packet.
Thursday, June 1: 4 pm – 8 pm.
Friday June 2: 10 am – 8 pm.
Saturday, June 3 (RACE DAY): Starting at 8 am.
*Please Note: Packet Pickup for the Kids Course (ON RACE DAY) will be held at the starting and finish area of the youth course. You do NOT have to check in prior to your race if you already picked up your packet.
Remember that you will have to park, pick up your packet, attach your bib, drop your stuff off at gear check and make your way to the starting line. We suggest that you pick up your packet on Friday or Saturday. If you cannot pick up your packet early, please allow extra time on race day to get your packet. Plan on arriving at least 1 hour before your scheduled wave time. You will need to have your ID. If you have not signed your online waiver, you will need to do so before receiving your packet. Extra waivers will be provided on site at the packet pickup.
- ID – packets will not be given out without proper ID (no exceptions). Minors can have a birth certificate, passport, school ID, or copy of parent ID with matching last name.
- Waiver – In case you did not complete your waiver during registration, waivers will be available onsite. In order to expedite the process, please log back into the registration page and complete the waiver. Minors must have signature of parent/guardian on waiver to participate.
- Hydration – water stations will be on the course (2 for adults and 1 for youth courses). However, come prepared for all weather or heat conditions. You need to be well hydrated prior to the race.
- Cash – for Beer & Food in the Hard As Nails Finish line Area and Beer Garden.
- Appropriate footwear (running shoes required). You will get muddy, so don’t wear anything you don’t want getting dirty.
- Garbage Bag for your dirty clothes & to sit on in your vehicle.
- Costumes highly encouraged.
- Great Attitude
- A towel and an extra change of clothes & shoes are highly recommended.
- NO PETS. There is mud, loud music and lots of racers. Not a place for dogs.
- No Glass Containers or outside alcoholic beverages or food (Please support our local food & beer vendors).
Event parking is free race day and will be using the parking lots on the North East side of the Westin Hotel. Parking lot can be accessed from Westminster Blvd to Promenade Drive North. (Promenade Drive South past the Westin Hotel will be closed race day due to the race, so please only use Promenade Drive North – North of the Ice Rink). Parking is available based on a first come, first serve basis. The adult and youth start, finish and registration check in will be located at The Westin Hotel. Please see adult and youth course details for race maps and event parking lots.
If you did not fill out a waiver, click here to download race waiver. You are required to fill out a waiver to participate.
You will only be able to check your gear once (using the Gear Check tear off tag on your racer bib). Gear check will be located at the registration check in area. Will will not be providing bags this year, so please be sure to bring your own bag to store your items. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS.
There will be hoses/showers post race in the adult area. Please see the list of what to bring to help you clean up!
Hard As Nails Obstacle Mud Race will have its own event photographers on site for the event. Photos will be available to purchase after the race. While photographers do their best to get participants, not every participant will get photographed. Here are photos from previous year events. We most likely will have 1 photo gallery of edited photos and one gallery on UN edited photos as we did in 2015.
- 2014 Hard As Nails Photos
- 2015 Hard As Nails Photos (Here is 900 of the best photos. Photos are edited)
- 2015 Hard AS Nails Photos (Here are all the photos: 6-7K. None are edited). We are including this folder because of requests for all shots we received after our 2014 event)
Top SIX reasons to stay at the Westin before and/or after HAN:
1. Warm showers!
2. Walk to your room. Course runs either through or around hotel, so no driving is required to race. Great for our out of town or state racers.
3. Katchina Mexican Grill is located in the hotel and is a terrific restaurant in its own right. You can walk to dinner and just need to take the elevator to the first floor. This is great for tired racers.
4. Give your self a stay-cation or family weekend and race Colorado’s Best Obstacle Mud Race.
5. Make it a weekend event, rather than single day and race Hard As Nails Obstacle Mud Race on Saturday and then do laps on the Colorado Wilderness Slip And Slide on Sunday.
6. The Westin has created a great discount lodging program for race participants.
Now Available! Opportunities for discounted lodging can be found at The Westin Westminster Hotel.
Donate your old running shoes to One World Running at the end of the race! Your shoes will raise funds for our charity partner and become recycled as footwear.
One World Running will be located close to the adult finish area at the end of the race.
One World Running’s Mission Statement: “One World Running is an international program promoting an awareness of health, fitness and nutrition by providing running shoes to those in need in the United States and around the world. We also put on 5K walk/runs to foster an environment of exercise and to increase understanding and goodwill between people.”
- Participants must abide by all instructions given from the race director, race staff, volunteers and medical personnel.
- Participants understand and acknowledge Hard As Nails is an extreme event and accept all risks associated with the event.
- Participants must be physically able to complete the course and all obstacles.
- Kids Participants must be 7 years old – 13 years old in order to participate in kid’s course independently.
- Kids 4 -6 years can race in the kids or youth course but have to be accompanied by a parent.
- Participants must wear the provided Hard As Nails bib number clearly shown on the front. Any participant found not to be wearing an official race bib number or timing device shall be immediately removed from the course and disqualified.
- Several videographers and photographers are stationed along the course. Participants agree to allow the event producers to use any pictures or video footage of the event for future promotional purposes.
- Pets, in-line skates, skateboards or any other type of wheeled device are strictly prohibited on the course.
- Any participant who disobeys instructions from any course official is subject to disqualification and/or removal from the race. This includes but is not limited to unsportsmanlike behavior, offensive language, nudity and excessive use/inability to complete any obstacles.
- No participant, after leaving the course, may return to the course. We know it will be fun but you can’t run it again!
- Any participant found to have gone off course or shortened the intended and marked course by any length is subject to immediate disqualification.
- Non-participants are strictly prohibited from entering or accessing the Hard As Nails course or any obstacles at any time.
- Hard As Nails medical personnel may examine any participant who appears to be injured or suffering. The medical personnel may remove any participant from the event if in the opinion of the medical personnel the participant cannot continue the race.
- Participants assume all responsibility for all medical expenses incurred as a result of training and/or participating in Hard As Nails Obstacle Mud Race, including but not limited to hospitalization, ambulance transportation or physician services.
- The event producers reserve the right to cancel or delay the race due to severe weather or in the event of a natural disaster.
- We highly recommend participants wear running sneakers. Participants should dress appropriately.
- Event officials reserve the right to modify any event rule at any time for any reason.